For the last several years our business has been growing. With the much appreciated growth comes growing pains. This past year we reviewed our current operations looking for ways to get more production out of the resource and equipment we have. After much thought and calculating, we realize we have met the max of what we can expect out of our present equipment and production lines.
In order to increase our overall output, we needed more raw-material (logs). After contacting over 180 loggers, we now have our raw material at a comfortable level going into Spring of 2015. To cut and split these pole logs more efficiently, we will be upgrading our Multitek firewood processors to all circular cutting machines. By doing this, our production should increase 25%. The Multitek upgraded processors are expected to be in operation by June 2015.
To support the increase of product and the efficiency of firewood processors, we also need to add a fourth kiln to dry the wood. Our crew in charge of our kilns have been working 7 days a week for the past 18 months to keep our packaging line supplied with product to be able to meet our customers’ needs for Hotsticks and Nuggets.
With our suppliers and distributors we maintain a 99% fulfillment rating for on-time deliveries on our orders. (The remaining 1% is out of our control as it relates to the weather and outsourced trucking.) By making the above changes and upgrades, we will continue to meet the growing demand of our customers.